Monday, February 4, 2008

Scripture Sunday

I guess I'm a bit late on this. Oh well.

The Lord has promised good to me.
His will my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures.


-John Newton, Amazing Grace

Sometimes it so easy for me to only see the problems and frustrations in my life. God has promised good and it is there. I need to look for it and embrace.

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." Jer. 29:11

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Rom. 8:28

His will is a light load, not a heavy slavery. I need to rest in it. Take hope in it.

"For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." Mat. 11:30

And He will be my protector and provider. He is all I need.

No comments: