Sunday, February 17, 2008

Scripture Sunday

"I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High." -Psalms 9:2


Yesterday, as I was driving to Curves for my workout, I was singing along with the radio, praising God at the top of my lungs. (I am a "crank up the radio" kind of person when I'm driving by myself.) As I sang and praised "the God who gives and takes away" my spirit was lifted and true joy settled into that grumpy spot inside of my heart.

Thinking of David tonight, I realized how often his heart was down, hiscircumstances more than undesirable. Yet, when he was down, he would begin to praise God both despite and because of his circumstances. When he didn't feel like praising, he would choose to praise. Choose to rejoice. "I will be glad and rejoice... I will sing...."

And you know, I'm starting to notice that when I choose to rejoice, be glad, and sing, I begin to feel glad as He blesses me with His joy.


What has God taught you this week?

No comments: