Friday, February 8, 2008

Family Friday

I've tried to get more rest this past week and it has helped with the frustration level. I still need to work on going to bed earlier though. I am such a night person, so it's hard. Knowing that I'll have to get up at 6:30-7:00 with Daryn doesn't make it any easier, for some reason.

I've got some wonderful plans for Valentine's that I am super excited about. But I will say no more lest I spill da beans.

This week, I want to work on not ignoring the kids so much. It's just so easy to get wrapped up in "my" stuff, and just ignore them, then get annoyed when they wake me from my spacey stuper. It usually goes something like this:

Me: Engrossed with cleaning or computer stuff, etc.

Cherith: "Mom, Mom, Mom"

Me: Slightly annoyed with the way she spits forth my name in rapid succession. "What, Cherith?"

Cherith: "Can I watch a movie?"

Me: Distracted with what I'm doing. "Ummmmmmm...."

Cherith: "Mom, can I watch I movie? Mom, Mom, Mom."

Me: "Just a minute, Cherith." Continuing to think about what I'm doing rather than her.

Cherith: Gives up and takes off to play.

It's only a matter of minutes before the poor ignored child decides to get attention by throwing toys or beating on little brother.

You get the picture. I need to remember my priorities. My children are more important than my computer or any of my projects.

No comments: