Sunday, February 10, 2008

Scripture Sunday

"Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves" (Phil. 2:3)

Looking back on this past week, I see a lot of selfishness in my actions. Seriously, much of it has been done for me. I haven't thought much about the needs of my children, other than the obvious diaper changes, food, sleep, etc. I cannot think of one thing I have done for them that has not been beyond my obligatory duties.

Love for self is a strong pull. One that I cannot break on my own. I need Him and His strength every minute of everyday to pull me from my selfish little world and back into the world of genuine love... the giving of myself for the joy of those around me.

"God, I cannot break this pull of selfishness. Please put in my heart Your love for my family and those around me. Give me Your joy, for it is my strength."

No comments: